Full stack software engineer with experience in the finance, education, and healthcare sectors.
Senior Software Engineer → Capital One (11/2019 - now)
React · TypeScript · AWS · serverless · node · PostgreSQL · Redux · zsh · XState · git
- Implemented an encryption key rotation service with AWS Lambda and AWS Systems Manager.
- Authored technical documentation and scripts to make daily work easier for all engineers on the team and improve the new developer onboarding experience.
Software Engineer → Learning Objects (08/2017 - 11/2019)
React · TypeScript · Angularjs · Scala · Redux · PostgreSQL · Bootstrap · selenide · git
- Developed a web application used to compose and deliver educational content. The authoring environment included a user friendly version control system powered by a bespoke graph style database structure.
- Incrementally migrated the client side application from Angularjs to React.
- Wrote and maintained reliable automation tests allowing us to continuously deliver new features with confidence.
- Supported an application used by Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs officials to coordinate medical care for wounded soldiers.
- Created engaging, interactive features and redesigned existing UIs to improve the overall user experience and increase user productivity.
Data Collection Engineer → Leidos (10/2014 - 02/2015)
- Designed, constructed, and maintained web crawlers for a project called Digital Echo.
- Pioneered new techniques to improve the reusability of the code our team used throughout the project.
Account Manager → Carahsoft Technology (07/2015 - 03/2017)
- Introduced technology companies offering innovative cybersecurity solutions to the federal market place, coordinated targeted marketing campaigns, and managed contract negotiations between customers and vendors.
- Specialized in encryption technologies, database scanning and remediation tools, threat intelligence managers, and web application firewalls.
Substitute Teacher → Fairfax County Public Schools (12/2013 - 06/2014)
- Taught science and math classes for absent teachers.
- Developed rapport with students quickly to make lessons interesting.
Manager + Cook + Host → Xenia's (01/2011 - 03/2012)
- Opened the restaurant and prepared food for daily service.
- Helped organize employee schedules and generally maintain order around the restaurant.
- Diced approximately 8 billion tomatoes.
Counselor + Medic → Stone Mountain Adventures (06/2011 - 08/2011)
- Ran music workshops and sailing classes for campers.
- Led sessions with fellow counselors to demonstrate basic first aid techniques increasing the staff’s ability to manage minor medical traumas and boosting confidence levels.
EMT → Harrisonburg Rescue Squad (02/2010 - 03/2011)
- Rendered care to patients in distress as a crew member on the ambulance.
- Delivered informative and concise reports on patient conditions and treatments extended when handing patients off to hospital staff.
James Madison University → BA English